Leather Bags That Lasts A Lifetime
Leather is a timeless material that can be worn in a variety of ways. It may represent elegance while still portraying a rugged, harsh, and scary rider.
Leather has a distinct look and is one of the most durable and long-lasting materials available. If you buy one leather coat or bag, it will most likely last your entire life and even be handed down to your grandchildren.
Bags are one of the most elegant and fine accessories; there is an entire culture dedicated to collecting bags and discovering the best ones available.
Leather provides a high-end and sophisticated appearance that is difficult to replicate with other materials, and its durability makes it a favorite material for bags. Furthermore, the stuff you carry about will be grateful to you for giving refuge in such a comfortable, attractive, and safe manner.
How Long Does Leather Bags Last?
My answer will be - a lifetime if you chose the best and authentic quality.
Before diving into the deets, let’s categorize the 5 types of leather available.
Let’s strike off faux leather as it is not real leather in the first place and speaking of longevity it’s of no use.
Bonded leather is the fourth quality level of leather. It's made from leftovers and is basically the lowest of the low. It is brittle and soon deteriorates with usage.
Genuine leather ranks third in terms of leather durability and does not hold up well under duress.
Top Grain Leather
Top Grain leather is ranked second in terms of quality. Despite its reputation, this type of leather is not of the highest quality, yet it is fairly robust and may last for a long time. However, it is only as resilient as its polish remains unchanged. Top grain leather doesn't age as well as full-grain leather. Essentially, it will last you a lot longer, but it will not look as beautiful using it.
Full Grain Leather
Lastly, there's Full Grain leather, which is the best leather money could buy. It surpasses its competitors in terms of long-term durability, but the more you use it, the nicer it appears. If properly cared for, the very same wear and tear that'd worn out now and rip up the similar items will instead create in leather the characteristics and patina that makes it more precious and desired overage.
Leather is one of the most expensive materials. Despite costly pricing, the value is balanced by the significant period it lasts. Many imitation leather items can disintegrate within the first year, but a real leather item will last years to earn less than purchasing a new bag year after year.
Let’s see the pros of buying a leather bag:
Why consider buying a leather bag?
Withstand the passage of time
A high-quality leather bag is built to last a lifetime. Leather, unlike synthetic materials, is derived from the environment, and the technique has been developed since the 1800s and has shown to be robust and resilient. These sturdy bags can withstand the rigors of traveling and only get stronger with time.
Full-on fashion vibes
A possibly the best leather bag will, as we all understand, endure the passage of time, but what use is that if it will be out of style next summer? Luckily, leather has shown to be fashionable and constantly in trend, and classic designs are still popular.
A style statement
A bag is a finishing element that distinguishes and completes your appearance; it may undoubtedly make or destroy it. Leather is recognized for its adaptability; depending on the manufacturer, it may convey refinement or a more edge or rebellious appearance. Whatever style you're going for, a bag will help you define it.
A basic leather purse complements almost every dress and event. You can go to the pub, a club, or perhaps a nice formal dinner from work. No matter where you go in the globe, a leather bag should not let you down.
Cowhide Leather Bags
Cowhide leather bags are significantly more durable, smooth, and less prone to ripping than just about any other type of animal leather. It is flexible and stretchy, and it adapts to the curve of the user's physique. Cowhide leather bags are hence more durable as a result. As a consequence, these bags retain moisture, maintain their form for a lot longer, and are heat and sun resilient, making them excellent for outerwear. Cowhide bags are Veg Tanned Leather and are believed to be the most long-lasting, lasting at least forty years.
Cowhide is available in a variety of sizes and layers, but on the whole, it is thicker and more durable, which adds to its attractive appearance.
- Cowhide Leather bags are durable and can last more than a decade because of the quality of materials.
- Cowhide Leather bags are not only long-lasting, but they also keep their beauty. Unlike synthetic leather purses, the substance rarely fades out if treated properly.
- One important aspect of cowhide leather bags is that they don't go out of style. Cowhide leather bags may remain attractive and elegant even after a long time.
- Cowhide Leather bags are excellently flexible because of the nature of the material. Cowhide leather bags are not prone to wearing or ripping as a result of carrying hefty things. One advantage of cowhide leather bags is that they get softer with usage, making it easier to fit more goods.
- It ages beautifully.
- Water resistant.
- Cowhide Leather bags are often expensive, despite the fact that they provide several benefits. This makes it tough to afford for the typical individual.
- Unlike other kinds of bags, cowhide leather bags are confined in color schemes and design schemes. Cowhide leather bags are popular because of the excellent quality of their patterns. Cowhide leather purses often have thicker hues and a simpler design.
- Temperature changes have a strong impact on leather bags.
- Little Heavier in Weight.
Goat Leather Bags
Goatskin leather bags are sleek and supple, as well as elastic and comfortable. The delightfully surface coatings add some uniqueness to goatskin bags, which serve a much more dynamic and functional purpose because goatskin is also quite durable. Above all, they are inexpensive and long-lasting.
Users agree that Goat Leather bags are unpopular and yet a favourite choice because of the affordable prices and the long-lasting nature. Goat leather bags are soft, strong and are available in different textures.
- Goat leather bags are water-resistant, due to the presence of lanolin, a waxy oil generated by the goat's skin. Because they are water-resistant, they may be washed with a moderate, pumice-based detergent, but should not be scraped.
- They are affordable
- The design looks to be antique in nature. The finish of goatskin leather bags is more durable than that of other leathers.
- Genuine Goat Leather Bags include natural scars (from markings/cuts on goat skin) that verify its purity and give it a lovely vintage appearance. Furthermore, each bag has a different color tone and may alter slightly from the photos supplied, making each bag one-of-a-kind.
- Very light to carry.
- Lasts for 6-7 years depending upon the usage which is less than cowhide bags
- Lower resistance because of the collagen fibers present.
- Tough to emboss on.
Saddle Leather Bags
If you like stylish bags, saddle leather bags are a must-have in your collection. Taking large luggage might be a headache for those who are always on the go or who need to attend out-of-town business meetings.
As a result, saddle leather briefcases, Saddleback pack briefcases, and hard saddle leather backpacks are some of the options for huge suitcases, which aren't attractive and don't last as long. These bags are suitable for any occasion because they are made of top-class saddle leather.
There are several benefits to utilizing saddle leather bags. Some of them are quoted below.
- Saddle leather bags are less expensive than other types of bags. Because the reduced price does not compromise quality, these bags are both affordable and attractive. The bag will completely match your budget while also making you fashionable.
- Saddle leather purses don't require much upkeep. Yes, you read that correctly! Luxurious leather bags, such as saddlebags, do not require extensive maintenance, but you should clean them once a week with a moist cloth.
- These leather purses are quite easy to clean. To clean your saddlebag, all you need is soap and water, ideally warm water.
- These bags are compact, and you don't have to be a bodybuilder to carry them. Carrying these highly trendy bags will make you seem trendy.
- The leather saddlebag is waterproof, so you won't have to worry if your bag has been exposed to rain for an extended period of time.
- The bag is extremely durable i.e. it can last more than 30 years, which means that aside from being a wardrobe staple, this bag will be your partner in crime for a long time.
- The only thing I can say is that it is at the higher price side.
- Your kids will fight over it once you are gone. :P
Rest everything about this bag is just plain awesome!
Now that all of you ‘bag-aholics’ have a clear idea of the types of bags that can last at least 7 years to 3 decades, it will be 100% beneficial for making the best decision. These are some of the factors to consider while deciding between cowhide leather, goatskin leather, and saddle-back leather. We are confident that you will never want to sacrifice style and quality while staying within your budget. So make a SMART decision.
Checkout the collection of all types of leather bags at High On Leather.
Leave a comment